Stand Up Comedy Intensive: Punch Up Your Stand Up!
August 7 @ 12:00 pm - August 8 @ 4:00 pm
This weekend intensive will focus on tightening and “punching up” existing material as well as creating original content, culminating in an *in-person* stand-up showcase. This intensive is for students who have a year or two of stand up experience under their belts who are looking to continue developing material through direct feedback.
This course will focus on:
- Generating original content
- Editing and tightening already existing content
- Incorporating joke structures and techniques to punch up material
- Nuts & Bolts of the Comedy Business
- Marketing & Advertising the show
- Rollings introduction
- Developing 12-15 minute stand up sets
This is a 2 day weekend intensive on Saturday, August 7th & Sunday, August 8th from 12-4pm with a showcase on August 8th at 8pm. The instructor is Aaron Aryanpur. All sales are final. Classes are non-refundable but enrollment can be deferred to a future class. All students must adhere to policies in the Stomping Ground Student Handbook. Must be 18 years or older. Masks are strongly recommended for students who are not fully vaccinated. Classrooms and common areas will be sanitized prior to each class.