A Message to our Stomping Ground Family
Stomping Ground to “Dim the Lights” in Support of the DFW Community’s Safety
To help protect our community and contain the spread of COVID-19, we have made the decision to temporarily halt Stomping Ground’s physical operations beginning March 16 until further notice. We will continue to?make informed decisions following best practices recommended by health leaders?and provide timely?updates through email, our website, and social media platforms.
This is a very difficult time for everyone, and we want to do our part in protecting our community and our staff. As a small non-profit, this was a challenging decision to make but the right thing for us to do.
We will be working hard and creatively to continue to find ways to bring comedy and joy to your life and help us feel connected during this stressful time.
Thank you for understanding, and as always, for your love and support.
We look forward to making you laugh again with us soon.
-Stomping Ground’s Director Team
Lindsay Goldapp (Artistic Director), Andrea K. Baum (Improv for Life Director), Lindsey Hertel (Operations Director), Jocelyn Tiner (Development Director), and Jacie Hood (Training Center Director)
In the Theatre
What to Expect for Performers and Audiences:
- All shows are suspended until further notice.
- Performers and audience members should not come to the theater.
- All in-person rehearsals for teams and shows are suspended until further notice.
- Performers will be notified by Artistic Director Lindsay Goldapp about alternative performance opportunities and when in-person performances will resume.
- All patrons will be able to exchange their tickets for future performances. While refunds will be available, we also would like patrons to consider donating their tickets if they wish to not attend, as small nonprofits like ourselves will be taking a financial hit during this time.
If you have additional questions regarding performances, you may reach out to Operations Director Lindsey Hertel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Artistic Director Lindsay Goldapp at email@example.com.
In the Training Center
What to Expect for Students in the Training Center:
Classes began this week, and instructors and students should be prepared for these changes:
- Effective immediately, all classes are being moved online.
- Instructors and the Training Center Director will be sending out links for Zoom meetings for classes.
- Students will not be penalized for missing classes for any COVID-19 related reasons.
- Improv Jams, The Lab (Students/Alumni Improv Jam), and The Mic (Students/Alumni Open Mic) are suspended along with any other in-person Training Center gatherings.
If you have additional questions regarding the Training Center, you may reach out to Training Center Director Jacie Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can I Help?
Want to know how YOU can help support a small nonprofit like Stomping Ground?
Volunteer at Stomping Ground: In the coming weeks, we’ll be switching gears into planning for rescheduled shows and workshops, and for future fundraising events. There will be plenty of volunteer activities that can be easily done from home.
Become a Sustaining Member: As with other small nonprofits, we will be operating on a tight budget while our theater is closed to the public. You can become a sustaining member of Stomping Ground for as little as $5 a month, and every amount helps! Benefits include tuition discounts, free tickets, free workshops, and much more.
One time donations are also welcome in any amount that fits your budget.