Adding Emotion and Relationships
Prerequisite: L2 Improv
Sundays, 4-7 pm
March 8-April 19
Instructors: Jacie Hood and Chris Sanders
Students will refine and augment the skills and tools covered in Levels One and Two through exploration and heightening of emotional choices and adjustments. These techniques will help improvisers enrich relationships and develop fully-realized scenes with characters who are fully invested in themselves, in one another, and their shared environments. This class includes a student showcase.
- Showing – Instead of Telling – How You Feel About Your Base Reality
- Affecting and Being Affected By Your Scene Partners
- Using Object Work & Environment Interactions to Create Dynamic Stage Pictures
- Finding Repeatable Behaviors to Define Character Perspectives
- Exploring Scene Subtext: What is the Scene Truly About?
- Basic Scene Edit Techniques