Adding Emotion and Relationships
Prerequisite: L3 Improv
Sundays, 4-7 pm
May 3-June 14
Instructor: Jacie Hood
Students will refine and augment the skills and tools covered in Levels One and Two through exploration and heightening of emotional choices and adjustments. These techniques will help improvisers enrich relationships and develop fully-realized scenes with characters who are fully invested in themselves, in one another, and their shared environments. This class includes a student showcase.
- Showing – Instead of Telling – How You Feel About Your Base Reality
- Affecting and Being Affected By Your Scene Partners
- Using Object Work & Environment Interactions to Create Dynamic Stage Pictures
- Finding Repeatable Behaviors to Define Character Perspectives
- Exploring Scene Subtext: What is the Scene Truly About?
- Basic Scene Edit Techniques
All sales are final. Classes are non-refundable but enrollment can be deferred to a future term. All students must adhere to policies in the Stomping Ground Student Handbook. Must be 18 years or older.
Notice: Class size will be restricted to 10 or lower; additional sections of class will be made available if necessary to reduce class sizes. All precautions will be made to ensure safety of instructors and students. In the event that the start of term must be postponed due to COVID-19 related issues, registered students will be notified in a timely manner and secured a spot in the upcoming term.