Originally Published January 17, 2018
Improv Level 1: “The Basics”
Instructor- Chad Cline
Students will be introduced to the world of improv comedy and will learn basic agreement, guidelines, and scenework
- Theater Basics
- The Tools of Improv
- Creating Reality
- Introduction to Scenework
Improvised Song For Beginner: “Basics of Improvised Song”
Prequisite: Improv Levels 1 & 2 at any training center or equivalent experience
Instructor- Jim Kuenzer & Jeff Poteat
Students will learn the basics of improvised song including guidelines, styles, and application including.
- Rhyme schemes
- Song styles/genres
- Duets and group songs
- Short form games
Sketch Comedy Level 1: “The Process & Science of Comedy”
Instructor- Lindsay Goldapp
Students will be introduced to the process of creating an original sketch review and various sketch structures. They will begin the writing process for the show they will produce and perform when they enroll in Sketch Comedy Level 2.
- Learning the Types of Sketches
- Comedic Songwriting & Song Parody
- The Brainstorming & Writing Process
Stand Up Comedy Level 1: “Getting on Stage”
Instructor- Aaron Aryanpur
Students will learn basic public speaking techniques and how to develop their own original comedic material, crafting a short set that they will then perform in a showcase at the Stomping Ground stage.
- Brief History of Stand Up Comedy
- Writing and Editing “Personal” Material – getting to the point and being memorable
- Crafting showcase/open mic/audition/hosting sets – how to actually PERFORM your material, get noticed, and hopefully get some work
Level 5 Improv Conservatory
More info here
Class Registration for classes will be posted February 1 and classes start March 4. Scholarships and internships will be available and will be posted the same day.